Huntington Beach Spousal Support Lawyer
Guidance For Alimony Cases In Long Beach, Manhattan Beach, And Murrieta
For many people facing divorce, the amount of spousal support or alimony they will receive or will have to provide is a main concern. In California, spousal support is not a mandatory award. The court, using a wide variety of statutory factors, must decide whether spousal support is appropriate in each case, the amount of the award, and the duration of the award. Navigating the complex laws, special circumstances, and individual concerns requires the assistance of a highly skilled attorney who is trained in spousal support law.
Spousal Support Determinations
A spousal support award is made on the basis of several statutory factors, which include:
- The respective incomes of the parties
- The health of both parties
- The educational level of both parties
- The marital standard of living
- Retirement benefits
- The length of the marriage
- The tax consequences of an award
- Any other factors that the court determines is relevant and just
Whether you will receive spousal support or are facing the possibility of having to pay spousal support, we can help. Our attorney consistently reaches optimum outcomes for our clients.
We offer our attorney-assisted services for those who can only afford limited attorney involvement. We can consult with you to discuss the difficulties, challenges, and strengths of your case, and we can even prepare paperwork.
We have solutions for almost every budget. If you can’t afford full attorney representation, ask about our attorney-assisted services to find out about obtaining limited services for:
- Spousal support calculations
- Initial spousal support agreements
- Orders to show cause
- Modifications and termination of spousal support
- Earnings assignment orders