Getting divorced is always complicated – at least emotionally. Ending a marriage can be stressful, even if you know it is the right thing to do. In some cases, people obtain a divorce with relative ease, as they file an uncontested divorce and have it granted after the required waiting period. On the other hand, some couples have many factors that can make a divorce case far more complicated.
Some factors that might cause complexities and challenges in a divorce include:
- You both want to keep the family home
- You have children, and one parent does not want to share custody
- Domestic violence against one spouse or a child
- High assets and net worth
- Owning complicated property and assets
- Having high shared debts
- One or both spouses own a business
- There will be a discrepancy in financial situations between the spouses post-divorce
- There is a prenuptial or postnuptial agreement that one spouse is challenging
If you don’t own a lot of property or have children, there is not much to argue over in a divorce. However, when significant wealth or property comes into question or custody of a child is contested, it can drag the process out if the spouses cannot reach an agreement.
You always want a Murrieta divorce lawyer who understands how to address complex issues in a divorce in the most efficient manner possible while still protecting your rights. This might involve negotiations between attorneys or mediation to resolve complicated points of contention. Some cases with complicating factors need to go before a judge, and you want a skilled divorce litigator on your side.
Speak with a Murrieta Divorce Attorney Right Away
At Furubotten Law, our divorce lawyer takes on complex divorce cases, as well as straightforward ones. In either situation, the right legal representation is critical, so please contact us for more information today.